Monday, January 19, 2009

Still waiting...

Okay, so I have definitely been slacking on my blogging because my goal is 1-2 blogs a week. You can see that isn't happening. I think it is recently because I have been trying to get EVERYTHING ready for Priscila to come. Seriously, I have been obsessive about thinking up things that I don't want to have to do in the next 6 months. Now, I am so big and uncomfortable that I can't/won't do much. (Now you think I will put a picture of myself following this paragraph. Ha! I probably wouldn't fit on your computer screen! So, you will just have to use your imagination.)

I have made all the bedding for Prisca's room, cleaned things that I haven't normally, gotten birth anouncements as ready as possible, washed floors, organized closets etc. Definitely been doing the nesting thing. Right now I am shouting 'MY NEST IS READY! Come on already!' Truthfully, I have really dug my own hole in this situation. With my pregnancy with Jude, I set in my mind that I wouldn't go early and I should just be peaceful until my due date. Going a week early then was a treat. This time however, I somehow convinced myself that I would definitely go early and probably weeks early. Not so much...thus my tremendous impatience. The other issue though is that my back is in pain along with pretty much the rest of my body. Hmmm, carrying around a 30 lb. one year old probably has not helped that. Honestly, I can't really do it anymore and I make him crawl to where we are going in the house. Frankly he needs to have to get places himself because as of now he is still not walking. Luckily over the weekend and today he has begun starting to take a few steps in a row. I probably would too if I had to get everywhere on my hands and knees.
Well, if I don't go by Thursday my due date, I am scheduled for an induction at 5am on Friday. So, next time this week, Priscila will be out in the world. Hopefully, my next post will include delivery info and pictures!!

Tata for now,
Mackenzi :)

2 comments:

agcoats said...

Hang in there Mac! The room looks great. Take care of yourself and we'll be praying for you!
Sarah

Kristina Bell said...

We will be praying for you! only hours to go now! we look forward to hearing about your birthing experience and seeing pictures of Priscila! we love you!